Can I just say, having a walking baby (emphasis on "a") is fun! I love the age Asa's at right now. He's interested in everything and I can make him laugh ALL the time! I love it!
Also Asa is an awesome sleeper. It makes life so much easier. When it's time for a nap or bedtime I rock him for a couple of minutes with his favorite blanket, sing him a song, then put him in his crib. And I leave. And then he sleeps! Thank you Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It's fabulous. I cannot explain the stress induced when you put a baby down for the nap and they don't sleep. Thankfully that does not happen too often to us.
So we've just been doing our thing here in Portland. One week at a time (when I have more kids it will be One Day at a Time). I stay busy picking up after Asa (sometimes), picking up after Nate, general house-wifery, random crafts, making foods, HDTV and indoor soccer - in case anyone was wondering what I do. I end up cleaning a lot. Babies are ridiculously messy. Asa creates visual chaos wherever he goes. And meal times! Let's just say right now I'm waiting for his food to dry out so I can sweep it off the large vinyl sheet under his high chair (I am so classy these days).
I have found being a mom that you just really need to go with the flow. Planning my week/day is more like goal setting than what is actually going to happen. And that's okay because most things can wait. I would be pretty stressed out if I were trying to be perfect. So I just go with it, and life is good.
6 comments:
Reminds me of the picture of our baby girl gumming a pizza. ;)
courtney i love hearing what you and the little babe are up to. he's adorable. what a cute family!
"I would get pretty stressed out if I were trying to be perfect." Basically what I learned regarding babies after Thanksgiving break. lol.
I'm so happy that things are going well for you! Asa is amazing and you are doing wonderful as a mom. :)
He makes that box look comfortable. ...I'm slightly jealous...
Sounds like you are living the good life. Someone to laugh at all your jokes?! It's what you've always wanted! :) Wish we lived close and could have playdates.
P.S. He's gonna need a bigger box
Post a Comment