05 March 2008

The Sun is Out!


So it was pretty cold this morning. And gray. And we even had to scrape ice off the windows! So it was a nice surprise when the sun started shining through to my preschool class. The sky is blue and I think it's going to stay that way for the rest of the day!

As soon as I got home (around noon) I ran into our bedroom to check on my plant. :)

Here she is.



Cute i know! I don't remember what I planted. It's either Basil or Parsley, but I'm leaning toward Parsley.


I got three of those containers from Ikea, but I'm kind of worried because they don't have holes in the bottom. I hope I don't drown them! I have problems over watering plants. If anyone knows about the rubber plant I was supposed to watch over the summer... Every time someone walked by it we would scream NOO! and then a leaf would fall off. So basically I'm very excited this anonymous plant has made it thus far.

While we are all here I thought I'd show you my favorite two plants seen from my windows. Here is the first.


We see this from our bedroom window. In fact I was on my bed when I took this picture. You can see my hand holding back the blinds (how embarassing)... They are vertical blinds. Tacky!! But you gotta do what you gotta do. Actually, someone was supposed to send me curtains for the bedroom, but it's been a couple weeks and I haven't heard from him. hmm..


This bush looks much better in the morning when the light hits it. It's pretty big, it's a couple inches shorter than me. And it's spherical. It's awesome! Christmas time we took it upon ourselves to wrap lights all the way around it - and let me tell you two strands were not enough! But we made it work. It was magical.

The End.

5 comments:

navajotwin said...

Sorry about the curtains...I'll get them sent off soon. Not today though. I've got a headache :( But your little plant made me feel a little better! I'm worse than you with plants. I killed a cactus. But you know what? I've still got your plant from your living room, the palm-like one in a brown pot. AND IT'S STILL ALIVE! Go me.

Dad said...

I cannot believe all this I'm hearing from my children about plants. Of course you like plants--you're a GARDNER! It's in your blood. What do you think your ancestors did in England? I just hope they're not rolling over in their graves because their descendants can't keep a simple house plant alive. And I always thought it was my bilagaana blood corrupting the Navajo blood.

Ben said...

I love it that you can't remember what herb you planted! I think that's the best part of the whole blog. :-D

Devan said...

hahahaa. I love your blogs. They're so cute. They remind me of you when you just ramble. Wait a second..;-) none the less, they make me laugh. I like your little herb. It's cute. Have you named it?

Melinda said...

Ranger Moffitt is so proud of you for growing some plants!!